Monday, July 25, 2011

Travel days and peaceful skies

Horrible beeping. Groggy. Blurry. Warm covers. Cold floor.



Late. Snoring lover. Twinge of annoyance and jealousy.



Rushing. Water. Sigh of...relief? No... Sigh of comfort/contentment. Hot. Steamy.



Typical Monday-AM.



Packing. Driving. Parking. Running. Security. Unload. Scan. Reload. Waiting.



Every other Monday, I fly. For work. Different cities. Different airports. Coherent... Sane. Different... Same.



. . I usually forget to look out the window and see how pretty the world is. I am usually the guy with a hat, sunglasses, and earphones. I am trying to ignore you, your stories, and your child/friend/parent/partner rambling. I have been conditioned to get in, sit down, and get where I am going. Preferably with as little hassle as possible.



As I said, I fly almost every 2 weeks (sometimes more frequently...), and it is way too easy to take the experience for granted. Every one has a story. Every airport has some point of interest. Every local restaurant has some dish that you just gotta try. We just get... distracted. Well, I don't want to be that way anymore. I don't wanna be that guy anymore...



Today, I hope I learn never to take such a view for granted again.


No comments:

Post a Comment