Friday, September 14, 2012

#MamawSue on Life Makeovers & Changes...


My Mamaw is an amazing woman. She's full of common sense, wisdom, and moral fortitude. She's also a pistol. She'll tell you things before you realize that you didn't necessarily want to hear them, and even later realize that you needed to hear them.

I was trying to talk to her about my "Life Makeover" and the Changes I've been working on... She had already told me this quote years ago, but she said something similar to it again and gave me some encouraging words. Granted, she said she didn't understand "makeovers" in general. Her school of thought was:
"If you were being who you were supposed to be, or wanted to be in the first place, you wouldn't need to fix anything or have a makeover. Let that be a lesson, pet... live the way you are supposed to, and do what you know is right, and you won't have to change friends or 'say you're sorry'."

Well, Mamaw, hindsight being 20/20, I'll do that from now on. She also told me:
"Don't never regret anything. If you never make mistakes, hon, then you would never learn how you should fix them. Sometimes you have to know how to make things right. Fixing things and making things right is a great skill to have in this life."
She even said she'd add me to her prayer list. If you know my Mamaw, that means I'm also being gossiped about!!! But THAT's a whole 'nother story!!

Cheers,
#JustBeingMichael ツ

No comments:

Post a Comment