Thursday, December 29, 2011

#DailyProverbs December 29, 2011 - I'll Make It Home Someday

I'll Make It Home Someday

There is an old song that says, "I am kind of homesick for a country, to which I've never been before..." Now, I am a selfish & willful child. And I've never been one to wish for the Rapture, or death to come quickly, because I love life. I love living life... and there are some many wonderful things to experience and see and do in this life...

However, I'll be honest, and it may just be the passing years or my age - but I can see how my grandmother prays for the Lord to come. There comes a time when you are just "tired" and wouldn't mind hanging out in Heaven. So, that's my proverb for today: "I'll Make It Home Someday"

Exodus 12:25 And it shall come to pass, when ye be come to the land which the Lord will give you, according as he hath promised, that ye shall keep this service.

Joshua 22:4 And now the Lord your God hath given rest unto your brethren, as he promised them: therefore now return ye, and get you unto your tents, and unto the land of your possession, which Moses the servant of the Lord gave you on the other side Jordan.

Psalm 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.

There is another old song that gives me chills and comfort and something that I can cling to on days where I am just "homesick". This has to be one of my favorite songs ever... It's an old, OLD choir song. I think Jackson did it in 1977. Oldie but a goodie... Hope to see you in my "other" home.

I'm climbing higher and higher.
Day by day, getting closer to my goal.
With the Lord Jesus as my lead, my guide and my keeper,
I'll make it home someday.
I'll make it home someday.

Cheers,
#JustBeingMichael

No comments:

Post a Comment