Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Year In Review - 2011 Part Deux

The Michael Chronicles
2011 A Year in Review – Part Two:
Reflection, Renewal, Resolution: Become Whoever You Want To Be…
“Great is Thy faithfulness. Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning, new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided –
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.”

That passage is one of my favorite songs. I could hear Madonna Massey sing this song every day and I would never run out of chill bumps. ...Or tears. The full song is so beautiful and powerful. But it’s also one of my favorite scriptures. Ever. Literally.

Lamentations 3:21 – 24 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

And what a wonderful thing to do: Remember that God has unfailing love and mercy for his people. For as sure as the world turns, and the sun comes up, God is all we have and hope is sometimes all we have as a people.

I know that many times, I feel like everyone else is gone and I am all that is left… and that may be true, but it’s God… God in us, God around us, and God through us that allow us to keep moving, to keep going, and to keep putting one foot in front of the other when it seems like you have reached a dead end, and have nothing else.

Now, I don’t know about you, but that just means something to me. It actually makes a super duper powerful statement and can be one of the most comforting things for people like me. You know the kind, people that mean well, but don’t always succeed in following through or sometimes just “mess up”. It’s a great comfort to know that even when I am not faithful, God is Faithful. Even when I am not perfect, God is perfect. Even when I am not as loving, giving, or understanding of people, that God is loving, giving, and understanding of me.

I am not sure where life is beginning to take me anymore. I love my job, and I love my life, but I am feeling change again, I feel growth again, and I feel like I am moving into unfamiliar and deeper territory again... I am not sure of my plans and what I want to happen, but I am sure that God is there. And I am so gonna blow this year up.

Watch. Hide. See.

Cheers,
#JustBeingMichael

No comments:

Post a Comment