Sunday, December 20, 2009

Daily Proverb: Drink, Drank, Drunk...Meh.

Proverbs 20: 1

1 - Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
Well, duh. How true is that?? I see it every day as a bartender. People either fakely happy, sad, angry...raging against life and not dealing with things. Celebrating, averting, comiserating, socail lubricating...
It's all part of it.

How many times have I said that I will never take a drink again?? Countless... My friends have said that many times. Or asked me to cut them off, or called to "go get a drink" for happy hour. It usually turns into 7.

But as old as this adage is...it is still SO applicable. You know...January is coming sooner than I think and my NYR of totally chemical and stimulant free is gonna be here for my NEW bootcamp. I think I like the idea of not getting drunk...

No comments:

Post a Comment