Monday, December 21, 2009

Recipe of the Day: Zesty Tuna Salad

Alright, everyone that knows me knows I like to eat pretty well and work out. Followers of the Boot Camp I did back in the summer should be excited for the New Year [spoiler: I will be devising, following, and documenting a new and improved version beginning January 1st!!!!]

Here is a great recipe for some boring old Tuna Salad that I came across and tweaked. It has options for those with varying tastes.

Zesty Tuna Salad
1 tablespoon dijon mustard (homeade is best)
1 tablespoon hot mustard (Kozlowski's Hot and Sweet works well!)
Black Pepper
Tobasco
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup nonfat sour cream
8oz Tuna (water packed or drained thoroughly)
1 cup minced carrots
1/2 minced green bell pepper (actually for color you can use 1/4 cup of green and red respectively)
1/2 cup minced onion
1 cup minced celery
1/4 cup fresh dill or parsley

Add the mustards, pepper (to your taste - I only use a pinch or two), Tobasco (to taste - I use mere drops), and lemon juice to the sour cream. Mix well.

Add the remaining ingredients to this and mix thoroughly.

This should make six servings. Serve as you like, I don't reccomend this particular style of Tuna Salad for sandwhiches...it kind of wastes the texture and some ingredients and tastes.

However, if it is for a nice luncheon, it can be presented nicely on a leaf of Lettuce and garnished.

Cheers and good luck!

Oh, per serving: ONLY 91 calories, 7g protein, 13g carbs (but good kind :))

No comments:

Post a Comment